We are currently seeking applicants for the following position:
CNC Turner Operator/Programmer
We have a new vacancy, on a temporary to permanent basis for an experienced DMG Mori NLX CNC Turner within a growing Subcontract Precision Engineering company that produces a range of machined parts to tight tolerances within a strict ISO:9001 Standard.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working on a recently purchased, high specification DMG Mori NLX2500|700 CNC Lathe.
- Programming, editing conversational and CAM programs, proving programs and setting on Mapps/cellos control.
- Quality check your own work.
- Reading engineering drawings.
- Producing varied batches, ranging from one off`s to 1000’s on a subcontract basis.
- Work to tight tolerances.
Qualifications and Skills
Essential you have previous experience operating and programming an NLX lathe with Mapps control.
Be able to program at the control as well as work using CAM programs/combination of both. Ideally, apprentice trained and/or time served.
Have experience producing high-quality parts ranging from one-off parts into 1000’s.
Experience of working with a range of materials.
Ability to read in imperial and metric measurements and use micrometers and gauges.
Good communication is a must, working with a small team.
Have experience of twin spindle lathes using driven tooling.
Take pride in your work.
You made them perfectly. The mould pieces fitted together perfectly.
I’m looking forward to seeing some more of your Team's stirling work!
Parts completed on an urgent basis - excellent. Very grateful.